Device Integration Engineer – Sunnyvale, CA
Carrier iQ enables the communications industry to deliver on their promise of talking and surfing from anywhere by delivering Mobile Intelligence to our customers - mobile network operators, device manufacturers and market research companies. We empower these customers with a unique source of information, directly from the mobile device which represents an objective, impartial view of how handsets and devices are performing on the network, and how devices are being used day-to-day. This knowledge is used to improve the quality of devices and the quality of the network, delivering tangible benefits to end-users while delivering significant cost savings to our customers.Based in Sunnyvale, with offices in Boston, London and Kuala Lumpur, Carrier iQ’s customer base is expanding globally as handset manufacturers and operators deploy our technology and we have been hiring aggressively to meet market and customer demand.
Carrier iQ solutions combine device-resident software and server-side business analytics applications to provide actionable intelligence on end user customer experience, performance and service quality. The embedded device agents are currently shipped on more than 220 million devices across numerous device manufacturers and models. The solution can be deployed across multiple wireless technologies (i.e. CDMA2000, GSM, UMTS/WCDMA, LTE, WiFi) and device types (i.e. feature phones, smart phones, PDAs, data cards).
Carrier IQ is hiring a Device Integration Engineer to support carriers and handset OEM vendor integration of our device-resident software. We are looking for people who: Enjoy solving challenging problems with creative solutions; Can lead troubleshoot difficult and critical integration issues; Have the fortitude to validate and certify accurate functionality of code that will be used by tens of millions of handsets worldwide on a daily basis with no room for faults. Come join our team in tackling these challenges and more.
- Providing device integration support to carriers and handset OEM vendors including training and some on-site consultancy
- Manage the overall integration activities, work closely with and coordinating engineering support, validation and certification of CIQ technology integrated on the device, QA support, and communications with customer on status and schedule
- Testing, troubleshooting and debugging with the OEM, carriers and resolve critical integration issues
- Identify, and sometimes implement and execute, test cases, test scripts, and/or test code
- Ensure consistent and scalable procedures across all OEM integration projects
- Work closely with OEM engagement team, assisting in requirements analysis, project scope, and effort estimates for new opportunities
- Interact with R&D team assisting with definition of new features, tools, and documentation to reduce the OEM integration efforts
- Train and mentor other integration engineers
- Bachelors in CS or EE, Masters preferred
- 5 or more years of experience with C & C++, with strong code debugging skills
- 5 or more years of experience with embedded devices, preferably mobile device
- Experience with embedded OSs (Android, Windows Mobile, Symbian, Linux, VxWorks)
- Experience with embedded debugging environments and tools
- Experience with customer interaction and support
- Strong communication and technical writing skills
- Commitment to schedule and milestones with a “Get it done” attitude
- Commitment to engineering quality through regression testing and full system testing
- Demonstrated leadership competencies in a highly technical environment
- Some travel is required
Carrier iQ, Inc, is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered for all positions, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition, or disability.
Please send resume to [email protected]